Location: Austin, TX
Who We Are:
DarkZero is a full-scale esports organization that combines state-of-the-art training and development. With a deep passion for gaming we strive to empower our players and to create innovative ways to watch and engage them with their fans. We are a fairly young organization and field two world-class teams with the intention of producing many more.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Video Producer/Editor will be working closely with one of DarkZero’s teams and will be responsible for the production and editing of the team’s content deliverables that meet the overall creative objectives set forth by the Creative Director and upper management. You will also collaborate and assist the creative and content teams in the production process for additional company needs when necessary. The ideal candidate has intimate knowledge of esports or sports environments and feels comfortable working closely with players and creators.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and develop short-form and long-form content pieces, from ideation to final export, for multiple media platforms, including but not limited to YouTube, Twitter, and TikTok.
- Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, and set deadlines for media projects.
- Collaborate under the Creative Director and alongside the content team and partners to help facilitate content creation.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and oversee video shoots with players and creators.
- Produce and edit video and audio projects, including capturing media, editing footage and sound files, creating static/motion graphics, and media management.
- Identify and edit notable show moments for social media.
- Ensure that all content aligns with DarkZero’s brand and meets company standards.
- Track content deliverable schedules and ensure deadlines are met.
- Evaluate analytics to refine content strategy and push brand growth.
What You’ll Need:
- Three (3) years experience preferred in production and editing scripted/unscripted formatted content.
- Proficient in a variety of editing software, such as Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere.
- Familiarity with a variety of professional cameras and production equipment.
- Proficient in post-production, including digital video editing, still and motion GFX, and video compression.
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills preferred.
- Familiarity with best practices on all social media platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comfortable working with talent.
- Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment.
- Familiarity in Apex Legends and the esports industry at large.